Wednesday, August 26, 2009

30 minute tempo: 8k @3.45min/k

Headed out to Maylands along the traditional tempo course. Took off alittle quick and then settled in aslower rythym as I didn't think I was going to make it back in one piece. Happily I was able to hold a decent pace and then in the last few k's pick it up. Finished with 8k @ 3.45min/k pace. Given that I was not entirely smashed a the end, I reckon this equates to a 37.15-37.30 10k pace, which is quicker than my PB of 37.40.

A real good confident booster and shows I am heading in the right direction. I think if I had another 3-4 weeks of training I would of given the CTS 12k a run. Never mind, I haver smaller fish to fry (Fremantle 5k).

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty decent effort - you're definitely coming on leaps and bounds now. B-man and I will be thinking of you sipping latte's on Sunday as we haul our cookies up Oceanic. How about coming to Coker on Thursday for a quick mile ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortantley, I am off to Paraburdoo tonight. Have some AT running 20x30sec, with 30sec recovery.

    By the time you hit Oceaic drive, I am likely to be sipping a Soy Falt White. Going to be hard to sip and cheer, but I will do my best.

    ReplyDelete