Sunday, August 16, 2009

State 5k: 17.57min

After a wild night of weather I was suprised and very relieved that a calm day greeted us this morning. Ran quite well and with the exception of the 2-3km split which was consisted of the turnaround and a few hills managed to hover between 3.31-3.35 min/k.

My heart rate seems to get to its max at about 500m and then stay relatively level for the race. I think the next race I might try going a little faster to try and pick up 5-10 seconds.


All in all 17.57. Quite happy with this and considering I have a had a few weeks of inconsistent training due to work committments, a 19 second improvement is not too bad.

Next race is the Freo 5k in 5 weeks time. Been back for 9 weeks now so its time to unleash a greater training intensity.

2 comments:

  1. Good run going under 18 mins on that course. Well done. What is the plan for Saturday ie time and meet location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy with 7.30am if thats cool. Really anytime.

    Bst to met at the Pechey Rd Carpark and we can take it form there. Give Sugar a call and he can give you my number and we can hook up latter in the week to go over the details.

    ReplyDelete