Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weston Creek Half

A great morning for running on a scenic undulating course along circlepaths. Finished 1.24.45 at dead on 4min/k pace. With the 'bug' I have been carrying all week I did not expect much more and was happy with the effort and the ability to keep going to the end.

I had decided before this race that if I wasn't in 1.20-1.21 form than Canberra would be cancelled and that has how it has worked out. The plan now is to rest, get some blood tests, and get over this bug once and for all, after carrying it for over 2 weeks.

The target mararthon is now the Gold Coast marathon which gives me more time to get strong and run well. I caught up with Jackie and this part of the weekend has a great success as we got to spend most of the weekend together and have developed a relationship that will bring success to us both.

The next post will be when I begin running again, hopefully at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment