Monday, July 27, 2009

18.06..Good first Effort

Had a solid run this morning which I am pleased with. The official results say I ran 18.16 but my watch read 18.06 so I'll stay with that. Great morning morning and despite the shitty course (running on/off the Windan Bridge 4 times) I ran fairly solid. My last k was the fastest which gives me confidence in the State 5k in 3 weeks time to both start a little quicker and bring it home a little further out.

Biscuitman was running so fast our there there were crumbs all over the path! He's in great form (mental note..get fitter before racing that guy!)

Have another 5k latter this week on the track so hopefully sub-18 may be on the money.

4 comments:

  1. Nice run - I thought it wasn't going to be a fast 5km course given the Windan crossings. Would have been much better to follow the path around to Belmont Park racecourse as a straight out and back. I lost the plot between 4-7.5km which cost me chance to go under 37 mins for the first time. Good to have some runners at my pace for a change usually they are too quick or too slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every photo I see of you you are with some blonde girl... coincident?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, glad to see that you're up and running so well, congrats.

    ReplyDelete