Thursday, January 22, 2009

VO2 max; 4, 3, 2, 1min; 90 sec JR

Pulled up a little sore this morning, mainly my gluts, from Tuesday’s effort. Took the first 4 minutes to really get into the session, but after that the leg speed seemed to pick up and I was moving alright, albeit for only 6 more minutes. I think I may have mentally struggled to give this session 100% straight up due to the session being shorter than normal. Or perhaps my mind is already thinking of the 10k race next Monday and is ‘preservation mode? Either way its something I feel I need to address.

The harder and longer sessions I seem to be able to focus more due to the challenge of the exercise, but today I seemed a little unfocussed. It didn’t help that Simon and I did our warm-up together and he looked like he had not slept for the last 3 days. Maybe his lethargy was contagious?

No comments:

Post a Comment