Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Aerobic Threshold Run: 20x400's

Another insanely humid day here greeted me this morning down at the track. I walked all the recovery sessions due to the heat and humidity. Anyhow the session was hard but not as hard as the last time I completed it last month, although definitely no walk in the Park I ran the first 10 or so in 79-79’s and finished quickly too. I think the quicker first 10 laps were due the lovely ladies of the Perth Fever netball team occupying the last 80m on my laps, and boys being boys! I have noticed not only with this session but others and also in races that I struggle at around the 25-30min mark. I am not sure if this is physiological or psychological but I favour the second. I say this because, as this session showed, I still have the power to put in some fast 400’s at the end. It’s like my mind is telling my body to ‘save’ itself for a big effort, but only when it knows it can finish the session; In this example 3 laps to go.

All in all, another solid session completed and I look forward to the 50min tempo on Thursday to see how my body is responding to the training

No comments:

Post a Comment