Saturday, February 7, 2009

Long Run

AM: A perfect day (cooler and sunny day with low humidity) greeted the 'Three S's' as we headed out for he hilly and tough pipeline loop; Darlington to Mundaring and return loop. Headed out slowly, trying to keep my HR at a constant level, trying to iron out all the peaks and troughs. As normal, S and S burned me off up to Fred Jacoby, and then caught me up just before Mundaring, as they stopped at Fred Jacoby, whilst the old trusty Tortoise plugged away without a stop. The run went by very quickly and easily without any real stress on my body apart from the distance. I think keeping the effort (HR) constant is really helping. 33.21km @ 4.50min/k; Ave HR 141

PM: An easy 30min on the grass and trails of Pery Lakes. A little stiff ans ore in the first km but warmed up and then felt goood running the last few at 4.25min/k pace; 6.8km @ 4.40min/k; Ave HR 140. Total 40k's for day

No comments:

Post a Comment